Friday, January 22, 2010

African American History - What I'll do to succeed in this class.

I believe that African American history is an essential subject for every student, regardless of ethnicity, because it shows the ability of a group of people to succeed even when the odds are against them. In order to complete this class, I have and will continue to make sacrifices. I plan on completing all assignments as soon as possible. To insure my success, I am willing to give up anything that might obstruct my way. I understand that there may be questions that I don’t know, books I’ll dread reading, or essays I will be reluctant to write. But I believe that with determination and perseverance, success is inevitable. In past classes, I have always been one to contribute to classroom discussions. I intend on continuing this habit while in African American History. My knowledge on the history of my people is extremely limited as I’ve gone to schools that devote only 28 or 29 days to teaching students the subject. It’s because of my lack of knowledge on this topic that I will be bringing eagerness and questions to the academic atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment